Job Title: Conservation Coordinator
Organization: The Nature Conservancy
Location: Lander, WY
Organization Overview: The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, they create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of their core values is their commitment to diversity. Therefore, they are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 79 countries, they use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners.
Position Overview: The Conservation Coordinator provides administrative and support services for the Wyoming land protection program to help achieve land protection goals. The Conservation Coordinator will perform research, manage conservation data, conduct and coordinate project due diligence (including ordering and coordinating minerals reports and title work, drafting landowner correspondence, reviewing title work and water rights, and writing memos), develop project packages, respond to landowner inquiries, and maintain project records. The Conservation Coordinator will also help with team coordination and meeting logistics. Responsibilities may include collecting, assembling and analyzing various types of data, in the field or through document surveys, producing maps using GIS software and assisting in the production of memos and reports. Work may be done in the field, preparing baseline documentation reports or environmental hazards assessments, or may consist of compiling the information collected by others.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, ecology, natural resources management or related field and 2-4 years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Multi-lingual and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated
- Ability to complete tasks independently within assigned time frames.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, with assignments sometimes coming from a number of sources and work independently.
- Ability to coordinate project information from a number of sources to populate databases, create reports and produce manual files.
- Experience utilizing databases for data entry and report production preferred.
- Strong administrative skills including attention to detail and numerical ability.
How to Apply: To view the full position description and apply, please click here. Applications will be reviewed in the order they’re received and the position will remain open until filled. If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.