Yellowstone National Park, WY
Job Title: Fisheries Technician
Organization: Hickey Bros. Research, LLC
Location: Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
Organization Overview: Hickey Bros. Research, LLC is a private fisheries research company. The company’s foundation is in the Wisconsin commercial fishery and established in 1967. The research division developed from the knowledge and expertise obtained from commercial fishing on Lake Michigan & Bay of Green Bay. The research division has roots in the inland Northwest with operations in Hope ID, along with the home office in Baileys Harbor WI. Hickey Bros Research has relationships with state, federal and tribal agencies focusing on fisheries research.
The Company’s objective is to provide operational expertise in the areas of fisheries assessment and data collection. Ultimately Hickey Bros Research collaborates with the scientific community to assist in the management of invasive species and restore native ecosystems.
Responsibilities: Technicians are part of crew working on a 32-47 ft. commercial research vessel.
- Deployment and retrieval of fishing gear
- Removal of fish from nets
- Identifying, sorting, and measuring fish for data collection
- Daily communication with crew and partner agencies -Maintenance, cleaning and general upkeep of boats and gear Work may occur during periods of inclement weather
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- College or Vocational education in fisheries or related field; or relevant work experience. Valid US driver’s license
- Must pass drug screening
- Preferably prior fisheries experience
- Knowledge of boats and water ideal Positive, can-do attitude is a must!
Salary/pay: $15.00-$17.00/hr. DOE, Housing included with position
Start/end dates: May 15-October 15
Application Deadline: January 26
How to Apply: Email cover letter and resume with references to HR Manager, email@example.com.
Subject line of “YNP Fish Tech 2022 Application”
Zoom interview process will follow application deadline.