Job Title: Marketing and Communications Associate
Organization: Aldo Leopold Foundation
Location: Baraboo, WI
Email & Social Media
- Collaborate with teammates on strategies to cultivate and grow social communities to achieve aggressive growth targets annually.
- Work with teammates to execute additional email marketing, acquisition, and engagement strategies targeting subscribers and donors for Aldo Leopold Foundation and My Wisconsin Woods.
- Ensure email newsletter is drafted with compelling and informative material and delivered each month in a timely manner to sustain engagement.
- Maintain content grid based on communications calendar to ensure desired content placement and deadlines are met.
- Develop the day-to-day social media plan (Facebook and Twitter primarily, also YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn) within direction provided by the communications and marketing plan and/or Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Create and curate daily social media content; collaborate with teammates that can provide support.
- Monitor, manage, and respond to comments and messages on social platforms.
- Work with Marketing and Communications Manager to execute and track paid social media campaigns.
- Track key performance indicators for email and social media; assist with compiling results for reporting.
Graphic Design & Media
- Design, create, and update visually compelling materials within existing brand and style parameters that promote the work and offerings of the Aldo Leopold Foundation, including but not limited to:
- Layout and design for any full-color, hard-copy showcase production.
- Flyers and brochures to inform and promote programs (e.g., crane viewing tours) and projects (e.g., My Wisconsin Woods).
- Interpretive, informative, and way-finding signage to enhance the visitor experience (exhibit hall, hiking trails, gift shop).
- Digital assets for website, email, social media that educate and inspire.
- Act as point person with print houses and vendors for majority of print projects.
- Create and edit short videos that inform and engage audience(s) about a land ethic, the work of the Aldo Leopold Foundation, the Leopold Shack and Leopold Center, projects like My Wisconsin Woods, and programs like crane viewing tours.
- Collaborate and brainstorm with teammates on themes, strategies, and content for annual communications and marketing plan to reach, engage, and grow various audience segments including environmentally conscious citizens, young conservation professionals, and landowners.
- Provide insight and ideas for content themes and topics, authors, assignments, placements, and timelines.
- Assist with writing news articles and blog posts for the website, as well as other content specific to programs, projects, or other communications channels.
- Assist with editing of written content for all communications channels.
- One to three years of related graphic design, communications, marketing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, editing, and organizational abilities.
- Proficiency and strong command of Adobe Creative Suite demonstrated by submitted portfolio.
- Demonstrated experience using social media platforms to grow and engage communities, as well as with management tools to curate content, pull metrics, and monitor audiences via social listening.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office and email marketing platforms. (MailChimp experience preferred.)
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated respect and sensitivity for others; ability to inspire trust and work with integrity.
- Demonstrated understanding of the value of inclusiveness and diversity in all its forms: racial and cultural, political, age, gender, economic, and social.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities.
- Ability to adapt to a rapid work pace with frequent deadlines.
- Experience creating and editing short films and animations.
- Experience working with print houses on jobs requiring supervision and press check.
- Familiarity with the work of the Aldo Leopold Foundation and Aldo Leopold’s history and legacy.
- Familiarity with a wide range of current issues in natural resources and conservation.
Salary/pay: $35,000-$40,000 annually depending on education and/or years of related work experience, with benefits
Application Deadline: February 6