Job Titles: Campus Greenhouse Gas Emissions Student Internship
Location: Laramie, WY
Organization Overview: The University of Wyoming Campus Sustainability Committee (UW-CSC) is seeking a student intern to complete the University’s annual greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions inventory for Fiscal Year 2021. Emissions tracking is a key component of UW’s sustainability efforts, which are tracked by the Sustainability Tracking, Rating, and Assessment (STARS) tool.
- Work with staff across campus—including Operations, Accounting, Research and Economic Development, and other units—to gather greenhouse gas emissions data
- Compile data into an Excel-based carbon calculator and upload to SIMAP
- Complete a report summarizing emissions and progress toward goals to reduce emissions.
- Summarize findings to Campus Sustainability Committee and work with CSC Communications Intern to disseminate findings
- Update procedure manual as needed for future GHG inventories
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- Basic spreadsheet/ Excel knowledge including how to enter data, create graphs, etc.
- Ability to work independently and with others across campus
Salary/Pay: A stipend of $1800 for the spring semester, approximately 10-12 hours per week
Application Deadline: February 20 5:00 pm MT
How to Apply: Please submit a PDF document that includes the following:
- A cover letter explaining your qualifications for the position including any relevant work/volunteer/class experiences, how the position would benefit you academically and professionally, and why you are interested in the position
- Current resume or CV
- Contact information for two academic and/or professional references who can speak to your work ethic and communication skills
- A transcript of UW courses (can be unofficial printed off WyoWeb)
Submit materials electronically to Michael Ziemann via email at Ziemann@uwyo.edu.