Laramie and Saratoga, WY
Job Title: Student Trainee Internship (Natural Resources Management and Biological Sciences)
Organization: US Forest Service
Location: Laramie and Saratoga, WY
Overview: The Internship Program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed. This Student Trainee position will be filled as an Intern appointment. The appointment is indefinite and is expected to last for the duration of the student’s academic attendance.
- Duties Listed are at the performance level GS-5
- Receives training in the principles, concepts, work processes, and regulations of one or more functional areas of Natural Resources Management and Biological Sciences
- As training advances and proficiency is demonstrated, work assignment are increasingly more demanding, and are designed to provide experience in a variety of activities.
- On a scheduled basis, following the Pathways Participant Agreement, receives assignments in various Natural Resources Management and Biological Sciences functions to gain an understanding of the various program concepts and operations.
- Develop an understanding of the total mission as well as organizational/functional interrelationships, and develop a foundation for more specialized application of knowledge gained from on-the-job training assignments.
- The Intern works in adherence to guidelines, referring needed deviations or problems to the supervisor for resolution.
- Must be at least 16 years of age and meet education requirements.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment as determined by a background investigation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National at the time of non-competitive conversion to a term or permanent position in the competitive service.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit http://www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- The incumbents of Internship positions may be reassigned/relocated to any geographical location where the employee’s services are needed as determined by management. Mobility agreement may be required.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- A signed participant agreement is required for employment under Pathways.
- Complete at least 640 hours of work experience prior to graduation
- Maintain Pathways program eligibility for the duration of the appointment.
- Must be in good academic standing as defined by the educational institution.
- Must be enrolled at least half-time in a qualifying educational institution seeking a qualifying degree or certificate.
- The candidate’s academic and career goals must be related to the position that they are appointed to.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period.
Salary/Pay: $32,570 – $36,118 per year
Application Deadline: February 28
How to Apply: Please click here to view the full job description, as well as how to apply. There are many other positions available as well.