Job Title: Mosquito Control Maintenance Laborer
Organization: City of Laramie
Location: Laramie, WY
Duties: Join the Parks Department to perform surveillance and control of larval and adult mosquitoes within the City and on 70,000 acres of ranch land around the City.
- Apply biological and chemical pesticides by hand, ATV’s, and trucks.
- Assist in loading biological control agents for aerial applications.
- Surveillance and lab testing of adult mosquitos.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidate will have Wyoming Department of Agriculture Commercial Pesticide Applicators license with Public Health or Mosquito Control endorsements and one-year previous experience in mosquito control (or eager to learn personality).
- Background in Entomology, Biology, Natural Resources, or Agriculture or related sciences.
- Availability to begin work mid-May and work through August.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have or be able to obtain valid Class C driver license.
- Must meet physical requirements for respirator use.
- Flexibility to work different shifts from early morning to overnight and weekends, including split shifts.
- Ability to perform strenuous manual labor outdoors in all types of weather. Complete physical mobility and average strength. Ability to develop skills in a wide variety of equipment operation and basic mechanical skills.
- Ability to work with other employees and interact with the public. Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Job requires steel-toed work boots.
- First aid, CPR and other OSHA certification may be required and will be made available through on the job training.
- Applicants who are offered an appointment are required to pass a comprehensive background investigation, drug screening test and driver license check.
Start/End Dates: May – August (Dates Are Flexible)
Salary/Pay: $10.40 – $13.32 per hour
How to Apply: This position is open until filled, please click here to apply.