Job Title: Senior Environmental Project Manager
Organization: Quandary Consultants
Location: Denver, CO
Organization Overview: Quandary Consultants LLC (Quandary) is looking for an Environmental Scientist to join the growing team of diverse professionals. Quandary is a full-service environmental and regulatory consulting firm based in Denver, Colorado. Founded in 2016 Quandary has quickly become a top choice for clients in the construction, oil & gas, renewable energy, electric utility, and government sectors. They provide environmental permitting, regulatory compliance, air quality, remediation, weed management, stormwater management, and other environmental services to clients throughout the country.
- Project management of multiple, simultaneous projects for different clients in different industries in a dynamic work environment
- Coordinate scheduling, data transfer, and reporting with other field staff and project managers
- Create new project scopes, budgets, and designs
- Experience developing, implementing, and managing environmental, health, and safety policies and supporting culture of workplace safety
- Advises management and project teams on proper interpretation and implementation of environmental and safety regulations
- Independently conduct and lead fieldwork efforts
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior staff
- Consult with federal, state, and local agencies on regulatory issues
- Business development and management of client relations
- Create, review, and improve client deliverables including written reports and maps
- Write technical reports, scientific documents, and client memos by analyzing and interpreting proprietary and public data sets
- Expand working knowledge of various environmental disciplines
- Create educational materials for internal training purposes and lead staff training efforts
- Perform additional assignments as necessary
Qualifications: Applicants should be highly organized, an effective communicator, have a good sense of humor, and be willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Attention to detail, creative problem solving, and ability to motivate teams are essential qualities.
- Positive attitude and collaborative, team-based perspective
- Bachelor’s in Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, Organizational Health & Safety, or related field
- 10+ years of increasing fieldwork and project management experience in a consulting setting
- 8+ years of experience with federal, state, and local EHS regulations
- Experience with evaluating/maintaining environmental regulatory compliance in industrial settings
- Demonstrated experience with increasing responsibilities leading teams in a management role
- Experience in implementing process improvement principles
- Capable interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a scientific and non-scientific audience
- Ability to work in locations that feature rough terrain and to enter and work within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities
- Interest and proficiency in investigative work, with high attention to detail
- Effective self-leadership with results orientation
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, follow instruction, work independently, and comply with company policies
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated, and ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Valid driver’s license and proven safe driving record
- Ability to lift 40-50 pounds
- Ability to pass a HAZWOPER physical and be medically able to wear a tight-fitting respirator
- Able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
This role is subject to a client-mandated drug/alcohol testing policy. As such, employee may be subject to random drug/alcohol tests. A copy of this policy will be provided during employee onboarding.
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Professional Environmental Auditor, Certified Safety Professional, Certified Hazardous Material Manager, and/or other related environmental certifications
- Experience conducting Phase I and Phase II environmental site assessments following ASTM International Standard E 1527-13 and ASTM Rural Standard E 2247-16
- Experience conducting environmental due diligence assessments
How to Apply: As an ESB firm, Quandary Consultants strives to be a great place to work where you are excited to come to work every day to tackle new and interesting challenges with your team. As they work towards integrating you into the team, please note benefits will begin upon completion of a 30 to 90-day probation period before transitioning to a full-time, salaried position with full benefits. Quandary provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including paid time off, 401(k) match, health care stipend, and cell phone reimbursement.
If you have these skills and environmental background and are interested in working for a dynamic environmental services company, they look forward to hearing from you!
Please submit resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.