Job Title: Sustainability Coordinator
Organization: University of Wisconsin Platteville
Location: Platteville, WI
Position Overview: Guided by priorities identified through the collaboratively-developed UW-Platteville 2025 Sustainability Plan, the Sustainability Coordinator will lead campus efforts to cultivate a culture of sustainability by informing campus operations, guiding the stewardship of campus lands and resources, contributing to student education and experiences, and working toward social equity. This will be accomplished through collaboration with the members of Facilities Management, Academic Affairs, the Environmental Sustainability Committee, and the faculty, staff, students, and administrators of the UW-Platteville community, as well as engagement with diverse local, state, and regional stakeholder groups.
Building on recent efforts, the Sustainability Coordinator will assess ongoing campus activities and guide future sustainability planning and implementation efforts toward the pillars of people, planet, and profit – ensuring that social equity, environmental health, and fiscal responsibility are all integral to our campus operations. The Sustainability Coordinator will have the opportunity to synthesize their own vision with the substantial energy, enthusiasm, and accomplishments of the three University of Wisconsin-Platteville campuses (UW-Platteville, UW-Platteville Baraboo Sauk County, and UW-Platteville Richland) to cultivate sustainability in our institution.
- Continue campus initiative to zero-waste by 2035
- Manage on campus projects to maintain environment and financial stability
- Manage the AASHE STARS annual report
- Communicate the importance and drive for sustainability on campus. Be the face of the sustainability program
- Outreach and develop partnership that would improve academic and campus
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field or 4 years related experience
- 2 years of experience – OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A comprehensive understanding of sustainability practices and experience with leading the implementation of sustainability-related projects and programs
- Experience with or willingness to learn sustainability reporting and assessment protocols according to national standards, including but not limited to the AASHE STARS program (https://stars.aashe.org/)
- Sufficient training and experience to efficiently collect, organize, and submit data using standard software and online platforms
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skillsProven ability to lead and work as a productive member of diverse teams with attention to issues of equity and inclusion
Application Deadline: Review began May 23, position open until filled
How to Apply: Please click here to view the full job description as well as the online application.
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed