Position Title: Photo Adventure Specialist
Organization: Backcountry Journeys
Location: Remote work position
Organization Overview: Backcountry Journeys is an Adventure Travel company that offers 100+ “all inclusive” adventure travel trips globally.
Position Overview: Full-time position in Customer Service/Logistics/travel and Tourism/Outdoor Industry,
Duties: This position is responsible for our customer experience as well as planning & organizing our trips. It’s your job to handle customer service & trip logistics. Everything from new bookings, to trip transfers & handling customer issues as well planning & implementing our trips. You are responsible for ensuring the guests have a world-class interaction with the remote office – both before, during & after their photography trips. You are responsible for ensuring the bookings remain accurate, organized & complete. It is challenging, rewarding & fun. As a remote team they need someone who’s adaptable and able to work independently. Can you educate the guests on photo trip experiences? Can you excite, delight & recommend the best trip for each individual? Can you handle challenging guest situations? The schedule is 8am to 4pm Mountain Time. Currently flexible with time-off however there will be evening & weekend field-line shifts occasionally where you are on-call. There will be last minute fires to put out & problems to solve. But at the end of the day – it’s a super fun & rewarding position & you get to work from!
- Provide unequaled customer service Connect with guests & vendors over phone & email
- Book & modify guest reservations
- Book activities & lodging with the vendors
- Develop & improve the field operations program
- Skills 2+ years experience in the outdoor adventure travel industry
- Strong knowledge of photography & understanding of lenses, camera bodies & equipment
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Self-starting attitude, ability to manage your own time and start projects and take initiative
- Proven problem solver – ability to think ahead and juggle lots of projects without dropping the ball
- The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously — you get things done, meet deadlines and keep promises Insane attention to detail and high standards of organizational quality
- Positive, flexible, solution oriented, and excited to work with a diverse team
- Mature, coachable, and happy doing high-level projects as well as mundane design tasks (there will be a mix of both!)
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal) — you have a knack for offering constructive feedback, effective delegation, and ensuring everyone on your team is on the same page
Salary/Pay: $18.00 – $23.00
Application Deadline: July 10
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.