Position Title: Professional Outdoor Instructor
Organization: Bradford Woods, Indiana University
Location: Martinsville, IN
Organization Overview: Bradford Woods is Indiana University’s Outdoor Center. As a key component of the university family, Bradford Woods seeks to promote and further the mission of the university through the teaching, service, programs, and research Bradford Woods provides. For over 50 years Bradford Woods has been providing recreational, educational, and leadership development opportunities to youth and adults locally, nationally, and globally.
The Professional Outdoor Instructor is a full-time seasonal position that will work closely with the day-to-day running of day or residential outdoor education programming.
Department Specific Responsibilities
- Instructs and facilitates groups of people in mostly outdoor spaces on the Bradford Woods property.
- Plans and prepares for groups based on a set schedule that is given 1-2 weeks prior to a program. Plans out and facilitate lesson plans or Adventure Education. Other programming will include campfires, night experiences, recreations, and supporting mealtimes with students.
- Responsible for the overall safety and well-being of the individual group assigned including understanding Bradford Woods Policies/Procedures, Emergency Action Plan including writing internal incident reports as needed, adhering to appropriate radio use, and maintaining a general knowledge of trails including property boundaries.
- High school diploma or GED.
Work Experience: Preferred
- Previous related experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate and exchange information.
Salary/Pay: 12-week assignment and will be paid a flat rate between $275-$300 per week. Housing and partial board is supplied in addition to the stipend.
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.