Coeur d’Alene, ID
Position Title: Public Involvement/Conflict Resolution Associate
Organization: The Langdon Group
Location: Coeur d’Alene, ID
Organization Overview: The Langdon Group is a conflict resolution and public involvement firm with multiple offices in 3 states with interest in expanding the office in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. The current work centers on collaborative processes in transportation, water/wastewater, natural resources, environmental public policy, organizational development, and infrastructure issues, primarily work in the western United States. The range of clients they work with includes federal and state agencies, cities and local municipalities, Native American tribes, and private industry. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (a regional engineering firm), they support many planning and engineering projects.
Position Overview: This Associate position provides an excellent opportunity for an individual with entry- to mid-level experience and a passion for collaborative work to further develop these skills. They will have ample opportunity to work on a wide variety of complex and diverse projects. The position is highly dynamic and requires an individual that is comfortable with ambiguity, is innovative and has the initiative to work well on their own and in a team atmosphere. Being a self-starter is critical.
- Organizing and managing public and stakeholder meetings and events, including logistics, materials design and content creation
- Low-conflict meeting and group facilitation
- Working closely with members of the public to resolve conflict and address concerns
- Strategic public engagement planning and process design
- Online outreach development and management
- Client management and business development
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Involvement, Planning, Environment and Public Policy and/or Facilitation/Mediation or related field is required. 3 yrs of experience in related field and/or advanced degree.
- Education, training and/or work experience in a communication-related field; land use planning; public involvement; environment and public policy; and/or facilitation/mediation.
- Demonstrated interest in collaborative problem solving.
- Ability to look at a project as a whole and perform basic public involvement tasks with some oversight from a project manager.
- Ability to innovate and bring new ideas to the project design process.
- Meeting facilitation and/or event planning experience.
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and administrative skills.
- Computer and related software skills (Microsoft products, etc.).
- Basic skills in design programs (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and familiarity with Access databases.
- Video production and social media experience a plus.
- Experience in land use planning is an added benefit as there may be additional opportunity to support the J-U-B planning team.
- Business development support and proposal preparation experience is a plus.
Salary/Pay: Hiring Range is $55,000-70,000/determined by experience. They offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including professional development and continuing education.
How to Apply: To apply for this challenging and rewarding position, please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.