remote in Laramie or Cheyenne, WY
Position Title: Programming Analyst – R Shiny – (970)
Organization: Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc.
Location: Remote in Laramie or Cheyenne, WY
Organization Overview: Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST), a dynamic medium size consulting firm with offices across the United States, is looking for a Programming Analyst – R Shiny with a location in Cheyenne, WY, Laramie, WY, or remote. Since 1990, WEST has grown to be one of the premier environmental and statistical consulting firms in the United States. WEST has a permanent core of professionals with broad experience in basic and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data.
- Manipulates wildlife and environmental data, assists in developing graphs and tables, performs statistical and/or machine learning analyses
- Assists with developing front-end user interfaces and developing data visualization products to communicate concepts and analysis results
- Develops, reviews, and provides support for R programs following standard coding styles
- Coordinate with appropriate personnel to promote best practices for data standardization and integrity
- Assisting with development of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes
- Responsible for versioning and change management of code, including Git or SVN
This is a general description of the functions for this position and this is not all-inclusive of the duties which may be associated with this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, computer science, information technology, natural resources, wildlife management, wildlife biology, or equivalent degree preferred
- Demonstrated interest in working with wildlife, environmental, renewable energy, statistical or mathematical data and databases
- Proficiency in the R language
- Preference for those with experience with advanced R topics such as R Shiny, Functional and/or Object Oriented Programming design patterns, R package creation, and error handling/debugging
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation of code
- Understanding of database design concepts
- Experience with programming, logic, and data modeling principles
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Highly developed ability to stay focused and pay attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High level of initiative and ability to think critically to solve challenging problems
- Self-starter who can work independently yet thrives in a team environment
- Capable of appearing for work on time; following instructions from managers; interacting effectively with coworkers and clients; maintaining a positive attitude; accepting guidance and constructive criticism.
WEST is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for everyone and highly recommends all prospective hires be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their start date. While WEST does not currently require vaccinations, please be aware that WEST has a mandatory vaccination policy in place should local, state or federal law require vaccinations. Additionally, WEST has certain clients that require all personnel to be vaccinated prior to working on their projects, so individuals will be required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to working on those projects. As an exception, employees may also request a Medical or Religious exemption from the vaccine requirement and the request must be supported by a doctor for a medical exemption or by a statement from the employee outlining a sincerely held belief to qualify for a religious exemption. Please contact us if you have any questions.
After an offer of employment is made, the candidate must successfully pass a pre- employment background check, drug screening, and a DMV records check that meets WEST’s minimum criteria to operate a motor vehicle on behalf of the company. A valid driver’s license will be required.
WEST provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, genetics, and any protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, WEST takes affirmative action to ensure that all individuals are treated fairly, and without discrimination, for recruitment, selection, advancement and every other term and privilege associated with employment.
Salary/Pay: The minimum base salary for this position is $49,920, plus additional annual profit sharing bonus potential. Salary may vary based on education, knowledge and experience.
Application Deadline: November 1
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.