Position Title: Vegetation/Soil/Wetland Tech
Organization: BKS Environmental Associates, Inc.
Location: Gillette, WY
Organization Overview: Since incorporation in Wyoming in 1981, BKS ENVIRONMENTAL ASSOCIATES, INC. (BKS) has earned a trusted and respected reputation as one of the leading companies offering environmental services, not only in Wyoming, but throughout the Western United States. The majority of work is associated with proposed or existing fossil-fuel or renewable energy-related projects.
- Vegetation Sampling
- Soil Sampling
- Wetland Delineations
- Threatened & Endangered Plant Surveys
- Wildlife Surveys
- Placing Grazing Enclosures as Needed
- Identifying Vegetation to The Species Level
- Identifying Soils to The Series Level (desirable)
- Identifying Various Wildlife Species (desirable)
- Quality Assurance and Control for Data Collection, Data Entry, and Report Writing
- Operate Soil Sampling Equipment (knowledge of Giddings samplers desirable)
- Frequent travel and extensive hours during the field season may be required.
- Willingness to travel out of town for extended periods of time during fieldwork.
- Conduct fieldwork in adverse weather conditions.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Comply with personal protective equipment (list will be provided).
- Completed or working toward degree in Rangeland Management, Range Ecology, Plant Science, Soil Science, Geology, Environmental Studies, Wildlife Biology or related fields.
- Completed courses in plant identification (both grasses and forbs/shrubs desirable).
- Knowledge of western flora (Intermountain and Northern Plains) is highly desirable.
- Completed courses in soils identification or soil genesis (desirable).
- Completed courses in wetland delineation (desirable).
- Completed courses in wildlife management (desirable).
- Pass a pre-work screen physical and pre-work and random drug/alcohol tests.
- Pass a background check.
- Have and maintain a clean driving record
- Enjoy working in the outdoors in a field-oriented job.
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team in a challenging field environment.
- Interact well with co-workers.
Application Deadline: Accepted until filled
Anticipated Start Date: Summer 2023 (Approximately June 1 through August 31) Full time position.
How to Apply: E-mail a cover letter, resume, and scanned copies of college transcripts (may be unofficial) to email@example.com or mail hard copies to:
BKS ENVIRONMENTAL ASSOCIATES, INC.
Attn: Brenda Schladweiler
P.O. Box 3467
Gillette, WY 82717
Please visit the BKS Environmental Associates, Inc website for further information.