Dubois, WY or Balsam, NC
Position Title: Gap Year Mentor
Organization: SOAR Team
Location: Dubois, WY or Balsam, NC
Organization Overview: SOAR is an accredited ADHD Outdoor Adventure Summer Camp, Boarding School, and GAP Year Program. The outdoor adventure based programs provide academic instruction, experiential education, and life skills development for youth and young adults ages 8-24.
Position Overview: GAP Year Mentors have the amazing opportunity to facilitate exciting expeditions across the United States and Central America. Throughout the year, Mentors will assist in leading an array of exciting activities in locations such as: backpacking the Grand Canyon, rock climbing in Red Rocks, and zip lining through the rainforests of Costa Rica. However, the best part of being a Mentor at GAP is not the spectacular adventure opportunities. It is the experience of walking beside our participants as they take a remarkable journey that will uncover their many strengths and abilities.
Duties: SOAR GAP Year Mentors are role models, facilitators, teachers, guides, and a source of empowerment for our Gappers to realize and work towards their true potential.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Current Wilderness First Aid certification or Wilderness First Responder, Lifeguarding certification, and CPR certification.
- 4 years of college and/or professional experience in Special and Secondary Education, Recreation Therapy, Counseling, Outdoor and Experiential education.
- Minimum of one year of experience working in the industry preferred.
- Proven dedication and strong desire to work with LD and AD/HD youth.
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply. Reach out to Ryan Smith at email@example.com