various locations in New England
Position Title: Nature on Wheels Instructor
Organization: Nature’s Classroom
- Freedom, NH
- Groton, MA
- Yarmouth Port, MA
- Ivoryton, CT
- Lakeside, CT
- Ocean Park, ME
Organization Overview: Nature’s Classroom New England is the largest outdoor education program in the northeast. They specialize in hands-on education with an emphasis on nature, outdoor living skills, science, and social-emotional learning. They provide meaningful programming for thousands of elementary and middle school students across New England and eastern New York each year! Each spring and fall they host students at the 6 beautiful sites. During their 1-5 day stay, students participate in an exciting variety of day and night time activities, all facilitated by Nature’s Classroom instructors.
Duties: During the school week, they drive out to schools or local parks to provide single or multi-day programs for elementary and middle school students. Instructors lead groups of 12-14 students through activities ranging in topics from nature exploration to outdoor living skills to human ecological impact. Some of our favorite activities include field journaling, endangered egg babies, and shelter building! Instructors travel to different schools each day throughout New England and eastern New York. They are committed to providing the highest quality educational experience to the schools and are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated educators to join the team!
- Experience working with elementary and middle school students.
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- Ability to walk/hike 3-5 miles per day.
- Comfortable speaking in front of a group.
- Ability to travel to schools throughout New England and eastern New York.
- Has a reliable vehicle.
- Feels comfortable adapting.
- A passion for outdoor education!
Program Schedule: Beginning of March 2023 through the beginning of June 2023. Instructors will start the season with a week of paid training.
- Salary is $125 per day
- Mileage reimbursement with carpooling perks for work-related travel
- Shared accommodation is provided. (Service animals only. Sorry, no ESAs.)
- Hotels, airbnbs and rooms at one of our residential sites will be arranged for you when working with a school that is far from your home base.
- You should feel comfortable sharing a room with a fellow staff member whose gender identity matches yours.
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply. For any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.