Green River, WY
Position Title: Environmental Engineer
Organization: Church & Dwight Co.
Location: Green River, WY
Organization Overview: A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference. Church & Dwight Co. is a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment. Their unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing there is an open and supportive team means each and everyone has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. They have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries. United by the belief that when there is a strive for growth, anything is possible.
Position Overview: Working under the direction of the EHS Manager, the successful candidate will work on maintaining the environmental programs, permits and related regulatory systems at the facility. This position also participates in periodic on-call duties for the plant.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and safety awareness within their area of responsibility. Support all plant safety policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Wyoming and Federal environmental regulations and standards. Establish and maintain working relationships with representatives of the Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality.
- Oversee implementation of the SPCC, SWPPP, air and groundwater monitoring environmental programs, and assure their related reporting, monitoring, tracking and other compliance requirements of related equipment is fulfilled and documented.
- Ensure that all necessary environmental permits for the Green River plant and site are submitted, approved and renewed as appropriate.
- Maintain personal certifications that may be required to satisfy responsibilities related to environmental regulatory requirements.
- Develop and oversee the site’s sustainability program including overseeing, tracking, and improving the site’s recycling and waste reduction programs.
- Facilitate the proper disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste from the facility.
- Ensure required and appropriate environmental training is completed, relevant to the work environment, including for new employees, contractors, and temporary workers.
- Ensure compliance with Department of Transportation regulations, as needed with outgoing shipments of final product.
- Effectively interact with hourly, management and corporate personnel to develop strong and effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Work with the EHS Manager to develop leadership and supervisory skills to serve as backup for the Utility Supervisor.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Lean Manufacturing tools and practices into the plant EHS systems
- Other job duties as required by Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbally and written) effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to organize, classify, and structure multiple pieces of information correctly.
- Excellent organizational, planning and follow-up skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or engineering (preferred); other bachelor’s or master’s degree with an environmental area of focus, or combined with relevant experience commensurate with the education, will be considered
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in an industrial or manufacturing setting
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Preference will be given to candidates with 40 Hr OSHA HAZWOPER and DOT transportation and shipping certifications.
- Computer, software, and technological knowledge and skills expected of natural resource professionals.
- Enthusiastic about promoting sustainable natural resource management and being a part of a dynamic team of conservation-minded individuals.
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.