Position Title: Development Director
Organization: Wyoming Outdoor Council
Location: Lander, Wyoming
Organization Overview: The Wyoming Outdoor Council is Wyoming’s oldest independent conservation organization. Founded in 1967, they are a member-based advocacy group. Using scientific, legal, and policy expertise to advocate the protection of public lands, wildlife, and clean air and water. They provide support and resources to empower citizens to do the same. They bring people and groups together to find workable solutions to tough conservation problems. The Wyoming Outdoor Council offers excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits; generous paid family leave and vacation policies; and the opportunity to participate in a retirement plan. Job title and scope of responsibilities may change depending upon experience. They are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of the work.
Position Overview: You will be a key member of the development team and advance fundraising work at the Outdoor Council. You will work closely with the executive director, associate director, and WOC board members.
- Work with the development team to create annual and 2-5 year strategies for major gifts, membership, and foundations.
- Ensure the team raises $1.3 million annually and meets the current campaign goals (annual, campaign and planned giving), ending in December 2023.
- Manage a discrete portfolio of major donors and solicit major gifts around the state.
- Involve the Executive Director and other key conservation and development staff in major donor cultivation and solicitation meetings.
- Supervise a major donor development associate.
- Collaborate on major donor communications, including:
- Biannual stewardship reports for major donors. These include in-depth updates on the program work.
- Planned giving solicitations and educational materials.
- Fundraising content for annual report and biannual Frontline.
- Work closely with the Associate Director to track annual income and campaign progress.
- Oversee and grow membership in the Tom Bell Legacy Society, the Outdoor Council’s planned giving program.
- Engage and train the Wyoming Outdoor Council’s board of directors to assist in fundraising efforts.
Qualifications: You are a results-oriented and experienced fundraiser with a track record of success. You’re a genuine and compelling storyteller. You would enjoy offering the members and supporters unique opportunities to make a difference by funding conservation initiatives in Wyoming. You like working in a collaborative and highly functional team, but are self-motivated, organized, and take ownership of your projects. You are a kind, direct and confident communicator. You approach your work with a growth mindset. What you don’t know about conservation in Wyoming or aspects of the fundraising program, you are capable of and committed to learning. Integrity matters to you. You hold yourself to high standards as reflected in your work products, your respectful interactions with co-workers, and with the members and supporters. You are committed to the mission of the Wyoming Outdoor Council.
Start/End Dates: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: December 31
How to Apply: Email a letter of interest explaining how your experience and skills make you the right person to join the team. Include a resume and three references (with contact and relationship information) to Misti Haase at firstname.lastname@example.org (please put “Development Director” in the subject)..