Position Title: Conference and Camp Student Coordinator
Organization: University of Wyoming
Location: Laramie, WY
Position Overview: The Conference and Camp Coordinator is a student employment opportunity with the Housing and Dining Services department. This position is part-time during the spring semester and full-time in the summer. The Conference and Camp Coordinator will help the Housing and Dining department organize residence hall housing details, meal plans in Washakie and will assist with day of registration needs for summer conferences and camps. This position will gain a wide variety of experience in conferences services and could qualify as an internship with various majors.
- Assist with detail coordination leading up to summer conference season.
- Act as primary contact for 20 – 30 conferences during the summer conference season.
- Remain in contact with the conference sponsors prior to and during their stay on campus.
- Manage adherence to contract and internal agreements.
- Collect rosters and assign rooms in accordance with necessary timelines.
- Be present at conference check-ins and check-outs to ensure unanticipated issues can be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Coordinate on campus arrangements for contracted conference services (e.g., room reservations, meal requests, space reservations, check-in, and check-out procedures) for each assigned summer conference.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and data entry without errors.
- Successfully respond to last minute changes and potentially high stress situations.
- Always maintain professional service-oriented attitude, even when faced with difficult people.
- Assist with additional duties in the Housing and Dining office as needed.
- Maintain regular communication with the Housing Director.
- Coordinator is expected to work approximately 15 hours a week during the spring semester and 35 to 40 hours per week in the summer months. This time will fluctuate depending on the conference week and will require occasional weekend or evening work. Flexibility during the summer months is required.
- Coordinator may not be enrolled in ANY classes during the summer of their employment.
- Current UW student in good standing.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Self-reliant, adaptable, and resourceful decision-making skills.
- Experience as a Resident Assistant, Conference Assistant and/or experience working in the hospitality industry, event/conference services or similar.
- Familiarity with the UW Residence Halls and the Washakie Dining Center.
- Ability to work part-time during the spring semester and full-time during the summer.
- Service Orientation
- Ability to Learn
- Attention to Detail
- Dependability and Reliability
Salary/Pay: $13.00 per hour plus a room and meals during the summer
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.