Position Title: Strategic Partnerships Manager
Organization: Wyoming Office of Tourism
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Organization Overview: The Wyoming Office of Tourism (WOT), is the only statewide Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) dedicated to growing Wyoming’s tourism economy.
Position Overview: The primary role of the Strategic Partnerships Manager is to maintain and enhance partnerships with Wyoming tourism stakeholders, as well as Wyoming based agencies. This includes cooperation with local, regional, and statewide partners to maintain positive relationships and identify opportunities with state agencies, federal agencies, and various stakeholders to meet office objectives. In this position, the successful candidate will be able to interpret data and present it in a clear and digestible format to elevate Wyoming tourism partners. It is expected that this position will work collaboratively with the Global Partnerships team and build strong relationships with vendors and other internal and external teams to ensure efficient and effective projects and processes. This position reports directly to the Global Partnerships Sr. Manager.
- Utilizes data to problem solve, enhance storytelling, and provide deeper context to Wyoming tourism partners and state and federal agencies.
- Leads agency wide partner outreach efforts, including collaboration with state and federal agencies, as Wyoming Office of Tourism liaison and representative on appropriate task forces.
- Manages merchandising contracts and coordinate marketing efforts with contracted agency of record.
- Manages communication efforts with industry partners and maintain relationships and advocacy efforts specific to tourism related issues.
- Ensures that the Wyoming Office of Tourism’s regional outreach is inclusive of programs offered by other in-state and federal agencies.
- Travels independently, as needed, in state and out of state for department related training needs, speaking opportunities, and event representation.
- Driven Mindset: An eagerness in continuous learning, further responsibility and forward-thinking.
- Strong Communication: Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to convey information in a clear, concise, and meaningful manner for audiences with varied levels of expertise and at all organizational levels. Knowledge of methods used to tactfully deal with the public.
- Effective Team Player: Shares in successes and problem solving. Thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Contributes considerable effort toward productivity and assuring high-quality goals are met.
- People Person: Engages well with peers and aware of yourself and others. Displays appropriate interpersonal skills including active listening, flexibility, patience, etc.
- Problem Solver: Ability to make independent decisions, ask questions, and utilize resources in alignment with the organization’s strategic priorities.
- Professional Effectiveness: Adaptable, exceptional organizational skills, and detail awareness. Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- BS/BA in project management, communications, marketing, or related field.
Salary/Pay: Upper $50k per year
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.