Position Title: PPQ AIDE (GS-3) and PPQ Technician (GS-4)
Working Title: Survey Scout (this position applies to Internship Credits)
Location: throughout Wyoming
- Conducting visual surveys for weeds and insect pests
- Conducting trapping and surveillance for pest programs
- Conducting biological control releases and collections
- Conducting management programs which may involve insecticide applications
Travel: Employees will be expected to travel within Wyoming. Travel may be extensive (e.g., several weeks per month). Travel expenses will be paid for by APHIS. In most, but not all, situations employees will be returning to their home (duty station) for the weekends.
Start/End Dates: will occur from mid-May to mid-August throughout Wyoming
- GS-3 earns $15.00 per hour
- GS-4 earns $16.14 per hour
Application Deadline: March 12
How to Apply: Interested Applicants must be 18 years of age by the time of employment and should submit:
- A resume. Please provide complete and specific qualifications which include job-related training, experience, etc. including years/months of farm or ranch background, skills, education, awards, or commendations. Specify related experience by length of time and hour per week worked, (e.g., Ranch hand – 6 summers – June to Sept – 40 hours per week, Weed and Pest Employee – 3 months – 40 hours per week).
- An OF-306, Application for Federal Employment which may be obtained at Federal Employment which may be obtained at most Federal agencies, or online here.
- Applicants should also include a listing of high school and college level science & agriculture courses completed.
Applications are due by March 12, and may be mailed to the address below, faxed to 307-432-7970 or e-mailed to: Bruce.A.Shambaugh@aphis.usda.gov. Please direct questions to this email as well.
For further information call: 866-WYPEST1 (toll free) or (307) 432-7970