Position Title: Member Relations Director
Organization: Wyoming Wilderness Association (WWA)
Location: Sheridan, WY
Organization Overview: Wyoming Wilderness Association is a statewide, conservation nonprofit focused on protecting Wyoming’s public wildlands through advocacy, education and stewardship.
Position Overview: WWA is seeking a full-time Member Relations Director to manage overall member and donor engagement for the organization. In partnership with the WWA team, the Member Relations Director supports the continuous and steady growth of the organization through membership recruitment and retention. WWA is looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented team player who enjoys connecting and working with a wide variety of people and organizations.
- Work strategically to build and maintain a comprehensive and proactive membership recruitment and retention program.
- Effectively convey the mission and work of WWA.
- Efficiently manage and maintain communications with donors and members using our CRM platform EveryAction while making sure information is updated with current and accurate information.
- Develop membership recruitment goals and campaigns.
- Conduct new member onboarding and ensure information is delivered to new members in a timely manner.
- Schedule and conduct a minimum number of recruitment and retention calls per month.
- Increase membership numbers and dollars per annual goals.
- Provide timely and accurate quarterly and annual membership reports.
- Plan and attend member events across Wyoming.
- Table at community events and educate the public and potential members on current wildland issues.
- Perform follow-up calls, emails and meetings, accordingly, including following events.
- Promptly and effectively respond to all membership inquiries.
- Assist the ED and relevant staff in scheduling meetings with potential and existing members.
- Assist the ED with processing all correspondence and paperwork related to donations.
- Creates membership recruitment materials in collaboration with Communications Director.
- When requested by the ED, provide backup to enable the team to continue operating successfully.
- When requested by the ED, share general office duties (filing, supply management, mail pick-up and delivery).
- Opportunities for developing other fundraising and networking events.
- Other duties as assigned to support WWA’s mission to protect Wyoming’s public wildlands.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, business, communications, or related field.
- CRM database management experience required (i.e. EveryAction)
- High level of organizational and communication skills, with a strong writing ability
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, travel across Wyoming when needed and be eager to collaborate with colleagues across the state.
- Must be capable of maintaining sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong interest in the outdoors, conservation and wildlands protection.
Salary/Pay: Competitive full-time salary ($45,000 – $50,000 DOE). Also includes full benefits (Health Reimbursement Arrangement, vision, dental, vacation, flex-time). Simple IRA available after one year of employment.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.