Position Title: Kansas State Coordinator
Organization: Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever
Location: Salina, KS
Position Overview: Seeking an individual with demonstrated talent, passion, and desire to promote and grow the Nation’s leading upland wildlife habitat conservation organization. Pheasants Forever (PF) and Quail Forever (QF) have over 700 chapters, 149,000 members and an $87 million annual budget.
Duties: This individual will be responsible for leading the Kansas PFQF Team and working to coordinate with State, Federal, and NGO partners to address conservation priorities within the State of Kansas.
- Supervise a team of talented conservation delivery staff who specialize in private land conservation technical assistance, habitat management, communication, and education.
- Build and maintain a strong organizational culture emphasizing leadership, personal and professional development, and mentorship for all the members of the Kansas PFQF team.
- Ensure the Kansas PFQF team delivers superior customer service as staff interact with landowners, partners, volunteers, and members of the public.
- Collaborate with partners serving as the principal liaison between PFQF and the Natural Resources Conservation Service, Kansas Department of Game and Parks, and other governmental/resource agencies for the implementation and acceleration of existing partner and organizational programs.
- Author, administer, and manage grants and programs that deliver the PFQF habitat mission and strategies in Kansas. This could include federal and state partner grants and agreements, NFWF grants, Foundation grants, as well as delivering the goals and priorities within the Call of the Uplands Campaign.
- Work closely with the PFQF Regional Representatives and Midwest Region Leadership Team to support and strengthen PFQF chapters in Kansas.
- Serve as the principal in-state Conservation Delivery team liaison with the Grants Administration Department to deliver grant funded mission; the Development Team to advance unrestricted funding streams, and the Marketing Team to provide materials and information to media sources in Kansas.
- Work with Director of Conservation Delivery, Programs Team, and Governmental Affairs staff to coordinate state legislative and policy activities, responses, and relationships.
- Foster existing, and cultivate new partnerships with businesses, the outdoor industry and tourism to support community-based conservation focused on maintaining a vibrant and diverse economy with high quality of life for current and future generations.
- Build and expand partnerships with groups that represent agriculture and the identify areas for collaboration and mutual benefit as it relates to soil, water, and wildlife benefits on working lands.
- BS/BA in Related Field with a minimum 3 years of professional experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach effectively.
- Demonstrated ability of organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple partners and staff.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse personalities.
Start/End Dates: Negotiable / when applicant is first available
Salary/Pay: Commensurate with qualifications and experience (see benefits summary on Recruitment website)
Application Deadline: Position open until filled
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.