Salt Lake City, UT
Position Title: Environmental Analyst
Organization: Rocky Mountain Power
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Position Overview: Rocky Mountain Power is hiring an environmental analyst within their transmission and distribution (T&D) environmental support team. The position would be working on NEPA and other environmental permitting/considerations (sage-grouse, threatened/endangered species, migratory birds, cultural resources, visual resources, public lands, wetlands, etc.) for T&D projects, including wildfire system hardening and development of O&M plans for rights-of-way on BLM and USFS managed lands.
- Conduct environmental compliance reviews of electric utility transmission, distribution, and substation construction and maintenance projects.
- Provide environmental support, training, and guidance related to utility operations and federal, state, and local environmental regulations.
- Provide professional level services for ensuring the company complies with regulatory requirements related to NEPA, public lands, cultural resources, visual resources, biological resources, access roads, wetlands, TES species, sage-grouse, migratory birds, soil sampling, reclamation, mitigation, etc.
- Coordinate with internal departments on environmental permitting of projects, procuring consultants, ensuring regulatory compliance, creating and/or reviewing environmental documents, employee training, reporting, and other job related duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences or Environmental Sciences; or the equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental issues and the company’s business processes.
- Data gathering, analysis and interpretation skills.
- Writing skills.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local governmental environmental laws and regulations, including NEPA, ESA, wetlands, and cultural resources.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including spreadsheet, database, word processing, and presentation applications to gather, analyze, and present information.
- Communication and interpersonal skills including ability to consult with internal and external customers regarding matters/issues which may be sensitive in nature.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to prioritize workload under pressure.
- Ability to travel as needed for project site visits, internal trainings, audits, and meetings.
- Three years experience in environmental or regulatory matters.
- Experience with environmental monitoring and reporting.
- Knowledge of natural resource issues related to the energy industry.
- GIS skills.
Salary/Pay: $74,300 – $87,400 per year
How to Apply: Go to PacifiCorp’s website and apply online.