Position Title: Biological Field Technician
Organization: Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc.
Location: Bismarck, ND
Organization Overview: Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST), a dynamic medium size consulting firm with offices across the United States, is looking for a temporary, full-time Biological Field Technician near Bismarck, North Dakota. Since 1990, WEST has grown to be one of the premier environmental and statistical consulting firms in the United States. WEST has a permanent core of professionals with broad experience in basic and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data.
Position Overview: The successful candidates will be responsible for conducting surveys for threatened and endangered plant and wildlife species, wetland delineations, and other ecological assessments associated with large multi-disciplinary projects. Other duties may include preparing NEPA documents, permit applications, and regulatory compliance documentation. Overnight travel will be required. This is a general description of the functions for this position and is not inclusive of the duties which may be associated with this position.
Qualifications: The requirements for this position are focused on general biology knowledge, a desire to be in the field, and a willingness to follow standard protocols to ensure the successful completion of project work. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who possesses:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in biological studies, natural resources, wildlife management, wildlife biology or equivalent; or degree in process.
- A strong track record of maintaining positive relationships with coworkers, clients or stakeholders
- Ability to follow instructions from managers and accept guidance and constructive criticism
- Desire to be outside for long periods of time
- Must be able to work independently and as a multi-disciplinary team and able to interact positively with clients, landowners, and other people.
- Experience with use of topographic maps, GPS, and other field equipment required.
Start/End Dates: April 1- October 31
Salary/Pay: $17-$19/ hour, DOE
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.