Position Title: Groundwater Technical Analyst
Organization: Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Position Overview: Natural Resources Analyst to assist the division in fulfilling its permitting, compliance monitoring, inspection, and enforcement responsibilities related to Groundwater Pollution Control legacy sites, Federal Facilities Program, and statewide ambient groundwater monitoring program. Respond to spills/complaints and provide assistance for violations against the Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality’s Water Quality Rules and Regulations. The position will require responding to requests for information, including file review requests, facility status requests, permitting guidance, waste characterization, permit transfer information, and other information from consultants, industry, federal agencies, state agencies, facility owners/ operators, environmental organizations, and the general public. This position does not supervise any subordinate positions.
- Makes recommendations with respect to technical data, reports, and regulatory issues.
- Proficient in environmental technology and policy writing; reviews documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Proficient in planning, scheduling, and time management activities.
- Makes judgment of compliance through interpretations/inspections of Federal and State regulations and reports.
- Analyzes complex environmental data and formulates conclusions.
- Requires the use of independent judgment.
- Researches record and provide information and technical data to the public.
- Works directly with other state and federal agencies.
- Responsible for research and recommendations of replacement equipment of geotechnical instrumentation, field monitoring devices, geophysical equipment, computer software, and hardware, and for troubleshooting equipment.
- Assists geologists and technicians in the completion of specialized assignments.
- Ensures compliance and enforcement of agency rules and state statutes and conducts field investigations.
- Makes field arrangements and coordinates with internal, and public agencies, and the private sector.
- Perform technical reviews of permits.
- Assists Program Manager in coordination with the Department’s Spill Response Program.
- Evaluate proposals, plans, and permit applications submitted by the public and/or industry to protect groundwater from an impairment, or to restore groundwater quality in accordance with regulations policies, and guidelines.
- Develops, coordinates and performs environmental compliance assessment audits/inspects, writes detailed reports, and formulates detailed correspondence regarding technical issues.
- Develop appropriate and timely formal written recommendations and directions in response to proposals, plans, and applications submitted by the public and/or industry.
- Provide technical assistance to the public and/or industry to improve and expedite the implementation of effective voluntary or required plans, proposals, and applications.
- Conduct field investigations and inspections as needed to resolve groundwater violations and complaints.
- From an environmental perspective, may review, analyze, evaluate and interpret technical (biological, chemical, geological, and hydrogeological) land, water, and/or property data.
- Answers technical questions related to policies, procedures, and statutes.
- Conducts complex analysis of problems using data collected through physical measurement, laboratory analysis and results, and field inspection.
- Manages multiple complex projects for corrective action/remediation activities.
- Applies professional judgment in the interpretation of formulas, templates, or standards as applied to technical data or information and makes recommendations based on results.
- Bachelor’s Degree (typically in the Sciences).
- 0-3 years of progressive work experience (typically in The Sciences) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Natural Resources Specialist
Salary/Pay: $4,345.47 – $5,432.27 Monthly
Application Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.