Position Title: Seasonal Park Ranger
Organization: Farragut State Park
Location: Athol, ID
Organization Overview: The Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation is an organization of dedicated and extraordinary people: people who are building parks and providing recreational opportunities that make the incredible quality of life we enjoy in Idaho and where the spirit and beauty of Idaho is preserved and available to all. The mission of the Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation is to improve the quality of life in Idaho through outdoor recreation and resource stewardship. We are innovators in outdoor recreation, committed to excellent service and resource stewardship. We foster experiences that renew the human spirit and promote community vitality.
Position Overview: Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation is seeking to fill Seasonal Park Ranger positions at Farragut State Park to provide education and information services for park visitors, maintain park facilities and grounds areas, and ensure compliance with park rules and regulations.
- Visitor Services and Resource Protection
- Provides information to visitors and the public regarding park history and geology, plants, and animals
- Informs visitors of pertinent regulations of the Department as well as other partner organizations such as Department of Fish and Game and Department of Lands
- Ensures compliance with outdoor recreation program and park rules and regulations
- Works with local enforcement agencies to give warnings
- Patrols park to protect and preserve park resources from vandalism and abuse
- Promotes public safety
- Serves as liaison between park and other enforcement agencies
- Administers first aid, organizes, markets and implements special events
- Prepares and maintains reports
- May represent the department at meetings with the public, user and/or special interest groups and partner agencies
- This position is an evening patrol position (3pm to 11:30pm)
- Some knowledge of outdoor recreation and/or natural resource management
- Experience providing service to a variety of customers
- Experience supervising the work of others
- Some knowledge of Interpretation/Environmental Education
- Experience performing basic construction and building maintenance
- Experience operating and maintaining vehicles/equipment.
Salary/Pay: $10-15 per hour depending on experience (possible housing available)
How to Apply: Please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com (cover letters are recommended) and apply online.