Position Title: Hunter Education Specialist
Organization: Wyoming Game & Fish Department
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Organization Overview: State wildlife management agency in Wyoming.
Position Overview: The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking a 12-month at-will contract employee as a Hunter Education Specialist in Cheyenne, WY. This position will advance the Wyoming Game & Fish Department’s mission of conserving wildlife and serving people by providing administrative and technical support to the Wyoming Hunter Education Program. This position’s primary duties will be assisting the Hunter Education program with administrative support maintaining digital databases, volunteer records, purchasing, and event coordination.
- Providing technical customer service support for a network of hunter education volunteers and Wyoming Game and Fish staff involved with hunter education.
- Serving as a subject matter expert and troubleshooting support for volunteers, WGFD staff, and the public that have questions or concerns about hunter education requirements, registration, and certification in the state of Wyoming.
- Provides information to instructors on best practices and program methodologies
- Compiling monthly reports of volunteer hours for both state and federal reporting.
- Assess needs and maintain a supply of hunter/bowhunter education program materials.
- Plan and conduct hunter education instructor training workshops and meetings statewide, in coordination with the Hunter Education Coordinator.
- Maintaining an accurate inventory of equipment and supplies, purchasing new teaching supplies and instructor awards, and mailing supplies to volunteer instructors.
- Composes documents and newsletters to support consistent communication with constituents and instructors.
- Teaching and hosting hunter education courses as needed.
- Interacts with the public on a regular basis in a professional manner.
- Properly handles sensitive personal information of customers.
- Education, administrative and customer service work experience.
- Knowledge of Wyoming hunting regulations and/or experience with hunting or shooting sports.
- Experience teaching a wide variety of audiences.
- Proficient with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Worked with digital databases containing sensitive information.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and switch tasks quickly.
- Ability to be detail-oriented and problem-solve within the scope of responsibility.
- Ability to work independently and make sound judgment calls based upon established guidelines.
- Ability to maintain a digital database and keep personnel and resource files up to date and organized.
- Experience with firearms and hunting is beneficial.
- Experience with public speaking and teaching wide age ranges and diverse audiences
Salary/Pay: $22.96 Hourly
Application Deadline: Position open until filled.
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.