Position Title: Development and Marketing Manager
Organization: Better Wyo
Location: Laramie or elsewhere (remote) in Wyoming; occasional travel required
Organization Overview: Better Wyoming punches above its weight. Their small nonprofit:
- leads grassroots advocacy campaigns on some of the state’s most pressing issues
- educates their statewide audience about ongoing political developments
- engages Wyoming residents in the civic processes that directly impact their lives and communities.
Now, they’re scaling up. The fast pace and broad scope of Better Wyoming’s work leave their current staff little time to articulate their wins, their growth, and the impact they have on Wyoming. Sharing this information with a broader audience is critical to building their movement, developing their organization, and continuing to win real gains for Wyomingites.
Position Overview: Toward that end, Better Wyoming seeks an exceptional new team member to help them tell the story of their work and their accomplishments in a manner that expands community support for the organization and their efforts.
- Develop and execute communication strategies that amplify the Better Wyoming brand, using existing digital assets (social media, CRM, website) and adopting new tools as appropriate
- Implement systems that recruit new people to their readership and their movement, and encourage supporters to become contributors
- Design and execute two annual fundraising campaigns
- Coordinate donor engagement, including in-person events
- Maintain data in their donor management system
- Professional persuasiveness: You know how to hone specific communications to motivate individuals. You can speak the language of Wyomingites and maintain a sense of excitement for the possibility of progress in the state.
- Technological savvy: You can lay out a webpage, design a newsletter, distribute content across digital platforms, and leverage a database to ensure the right messages reach the right people at the right time.
- Great customer service instincts: You put yourself in the individuals’ shoes and are able to see an organization from their perspective.
- Goal orientation and self-motivation: Challenges inspire you, particularly when the objective is clear. You are accustomed to tackling ambitious, complex initiatives with the drive to reach your goal.
- Have proven successes in marketing and fundraising
- Are invested in the future of Wyoming and the well-being of its residents
- Communicate clearly and have a knack for graphic design
- Possess knowledge of the state’s political landscape
- Strive to continuously improve and adopt best practices
- Can access networks of potential supporters
Better Wyoming is committed to building an inclusive organization that represents the people and communities they seek to serve. They especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and people who are differently abled.
Start/End Dates: Spring/Summer
Salary/Pay: $48,000 – $54,000, Depends on Experience
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.