- Identify pests and pathogens in diversified indoor cropping systems with high-value crops while providing management strategies to reduce pest-associated losses
- Design and implement small scale trials that allow us to examine outbreaks and treatments in a variety of different scenarios with a variety of different pests or pathogens.
- Monitor cultural, physical/mechanical, biological, and chemical control measures
- Develop and implement improved integrated pest management practices
- Work cohesively with the Plenty team and industry professionals to figure out best management procedures while developing a diverse IPM plan
- Provide hands-on problem solving and diagnostics for horticultural and specialty crops, by delivering updated, research-based informational tools.
- Be knowledgeable about the hazards and regulations associated with the use of pesticides and chemicals
- Develop curriculum and lead educational sessions for current and future Farm Operations Team members
- Experience in agronomy, indoor agriculture, and IPM practices
- Pesticide applicators license
- Experience with biologic based pest control methods
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience working in a plant production and/or laboratory setting
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in diverse growing environments
Link to more information: Learn more and apply.