Duties: Conduct specialized research of various plants and crop systems in a modern, high-technology hydroponic farm. This person will be responsible for providing techniques and empirical research methods to improve crop quality and enhance harvest weights. The individual will work to manage experiments in an environmentally controlled vertical hydroponic setting to achieve a specific production outcome. Their goals may include developing methods that lead to greater yields, improved crop varieties, and improved characteristics like appearance and taste. A basic component of the position will be the ability to work on several projects simultaneously and assist the Plant Science Team in wide range of different activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in plant science, agronomy, horticulture or related field.
- Motivated individuals with extensive plant science, agronomy, horticulture, or related backgrounds to assist in plant growth and product development
- Minimum 2+ years experience working in greenhouse or production environment
- Understanding of botany, plant material functionality, plant science, horticulture and plant crop production
- Ability to implement and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Background in botany and horticulture is preferred, along with enthusiasm for innovation
- Experience with common data collection, analysis and documentation tools.
- Understanding of basic experimental design, scientific method and statistical design/analysis
- Availability for weekend shifts
- Humble, teachable team-player who is enthusiastic and hard-working
Link to more information: Learn more and apply.