Organization: Wyoming Outdoor Council
- Provide a suite of trainings, events and programs designed to inspire and support budding citizen advocates, including legislative internships, a 6-week Citizen Advocacy Institute, “Beers and Bills” nights, and other offerings.
- Organize public events (e.g. parties, film festivals, trail races) or ensure our presence at events in locations around the state to build the Outdoor Council’s network of prospective members, activists, and supporters by specifically targeting new constituents.
- Coordinate member gatherings (often with the Philanthropy Director) in conjunction with quarterly board and staff meetings around the state.
- Use a sophisticated engagement-organizing database to keep track of and continue to engage (and help fellow staff members engage) our growing network of supporters and members in order to move them up the “ladder of engagement.”
- Ensure an active social media presence that showcases our work in a compelling way in order to attract new people to our work and inspire citizens to take action.
- Help fellow staff members make community engagement a key and consistent part of their efforts to achieve the Outdoor Council’s mission.
- Take on other related tasks as assigned by the program director.
- Five or more years of related professional and/or academic experience.
- Demonstrated community, professional, or academic leadership.
- Excellent written, spoken, and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with the geography, natural resources, and culture of Wyoming.
- Willingness to travel within Wyoming and meet a lot of people.
- Commitment to the mission of the Wyoming Outdoor Council.
Link to more information: View the full job listing.
How to apply: Email a letter of interest explaining how your experience and skills match this position description, a resume, two writing samples and contact and relationship information for three references to Linda Sisco at firstname.lastname@example.org (please put “Community Engagement Coordinator” in the subject). The position will remain open until filled.