Organization: The Vermont Center for Ecostudies
- Integrate communications strategy to advance organizational goals related to audience, fundraising, and public policy. Define objectives, craft messages, establish and monitor measures of success, and be accountable for the outcomes of all communications efforts.
- Lead the finalization and implementation of VCE’s strategic plan for Communications. Direct the continued evolution of the Communications program to support and advance other organizational goals. Key areas include tracking conservation outcomes, improving communications with both funders and end-users of VCE work, and donor and constituent outreach.
- Envision, create, and deliver outstanding outreach materials and messages, including targeted communications to donors, in collaboration with other VCE staff.
- Represent VCE’s work both verbally and in writing, with engaging prose, captivating photos, sophisticated design, and energetic presentations. In all communications and development activities, support the strategic objectives of the organization and other staff in their communications efforts.
- Direct and manage VCE’s printed and digital communications efforts, including the annual appeal and other fundraising appeals, from vision to production and distribution. Measure the return on investment of each major product. Utilize the services of volunteers as needed.
- Interface with contracted professionals, including VCE’s web designer, graphic designer, and printing company to schedule projects, review drafts, and meet deadlines.
Desired qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field. Minimum 5 years’ experience in communications or marketing. Demonstrated return on investment for communications projects. Proven ability to write with flair and clarity in a voice compatible with VCE’s style. Proven ability as a convener or facilitator.
How to apply: Email cover letter, resume, and list of 3 professional references to Susan Hindinger.