Organization: Grand Canyon Trust
- Assist staff with maintaining positive relationships with tribes and tribal members with the end goal of defending permanent landscape protection for the Bears Ears region of southeastern Utah (approximately 75 percent of time), and advancing the work of the Native American Business Incubator Network by providing back-end support to the director and program manager (approximately 25 percent of time).
- Strategize alongside the Bears Ears and NABIN core teams to carry out the vision of the work and find the best solutions to the issues facing the Colorado Plateau.
- Coordinate with the Native America Program director and NABIN program manager to plan and carry out duties to facilitate planning, actions, and meetings
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with at least two years of experience in working with Native American communities and/or tribal elected and/or cultural leaders required.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a diverse staff, be a self-starter, work well under pressure, and be able to handle several projects simultaneously.
- Must be a team player and accountable to others, one’s self, and to the core values of the organization and the Bears Ears Inter-Tribal Coalition, including deep respect for tribal sovereignty.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful relationships.
- Aptitude for innovation and creative strategic thinking to find new solutions to challenges
Start and end dates: January 2018 to January 2019, with option to renew.
Link to more information: View the full job requirements.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter, résumé, a writing sample, and three references via email (in PDF format, no ZIP files) to Senior Director of Administration Darcy Allen at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.