Organization: River Bend Nature Center
- Plan, implement, and evaluate creative and enriching environmental education / outdoor recreation programs for all ages, abilities and backgrounds which meet current science / academic standards and/or achieve organizational goals and objectives. Some of these include: on- and off-site pre-K-6 grade school programs, homeschool, camps, after school programs, scouts, outreach, public programs, and special events.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with staff, volunteers, community, Board of Directors / Board committees, the public and other organizations and entities.
- Develop ongoing relationships and nurture potential collaborations with diverse stakeholders and plan strategies to promote River Bend Nature Center to targeted audiences.
- Assist with grant and revenue development, program agreements, and organizational planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental education/science, outdoor education/recreation, natural history/interpretation, natural sciences or related field. Candidates with comparable combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience developing, coordinating, and delivering environmental education or outdoor recreation programs, camps, and special events in one or more of the following areas: natural/cultural history, environmental education, or outdoor recreation/adventure for all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Class D Driver’s license with violation free driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Means of self-transportation during work hours as needed. Proof of meeting Minnesota requirements regarding auto registration and liability insurance.
- First aid / CPR / AED certification a plus.
- Experience rock climbing, canoeing/kayaking, archery or other outdoor activities a plus.
- Experience handling, caring for, and presenting programs with live animals a plus.
Start and end dates: Mid-late May
Link to more information: See the full description.
How to apply: To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: Breanna Wheeler, Executive Director River Bend Nature Center, P.O. Box 186, Faribault, MN 55021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: February 26th