Organization: The Department of Communication & Journalism
Contact: Price Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The project must focus on some aspect of photojournalism, whether it be a documentary, a research study, a compilation, etc. The project must culminate in a gallery show at its conclusion.
- The project should take place between Summer 2018 and Spring 2019. Ideally the project will be a one-semester endeavor, but it can span more than one semester. (Also,see bold statement at the end of the call).
- All UW students—both undergraduate and graduate—are eligible.
- The stipend can be used for a wide variety of purposes including tuition, travel, equipment, living expenses, etc.
- All proposals will be judged in a competitive process, and the recipient of the award will be notified in April. The recipient will be recognized at an awards banquet in May.
Salary/pay: $5,000 stipend
How to apply: The deadline for proposals is March 21, 2018. Proposals should be submitted to Cindy Price Schultz, Dept. of Communication & Journalism, University of Wyoming. All photos and text that are submitted must be hard copies. Electronic submissions will not be accepted. Proposals should include the following:
- A one- to two-page description of the project.
- A budget that provides some indication of how the funds will be used.
- A description of the type of work that will be displayed at the gallery show upon culmination of the project.
- Samples of the applicant’s photographic work are not required, but they are useful for the judges in the selection process.