Organization: Sheridan Community Land Trust
Contact: Brad Bauer
Duties: Trails Technician will help coordinate and manage trail maintenance and volunteers. S/he maintains positive working relationships and provides community outreach to diverse stakeholders, partners and user groups. The Trails Technician works with the Trails Manger and reports to the Executive Director.
- Ability to work effectively for extended periods, often on uneven terrain and at times in inclement weather, performing work which involves heavy lifting, digging, carrying, brush cutting, and other tasks common in the construction and maintenance of trails.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and/or carry loads of 40 pounds repeatedly on grades and sloped terrain.
- Ability to evaluate trail conditions and make judgments related to maintenance including performing risk and hazard analysis and implementing proper safety controls.
- Ability to perform work independently and unsupervised following written and oral direction involving multiple task assignments.
- Outgoing and diplomatic personality with the ability to develop relationships with people of all ages and backgrounds, and the ability to provide leadership and skills training to others.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong outdoor skills, including knowledge of outdoor safety.
- Comfortable with computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook with the ability to keep accurate records, organize information, and follow established procedures.
- Ability and means to travel to work locations unassisted.
Start and end dates: This is a temporary, seasonal 12-14 week position with flexible scheduling and a preferred start date of May 21st.
Salary/pay: The position is expected to work an average of 40 hours per week. The Trails Technician will be expected to work an occasional evening or weekend. Pay is $12/hour.
Link to more information: View an in depth list of duties for this position.
How to apply: Email a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use subject line: “Trails Technician Application”. Applications are only accepted electronically. No calls please.
Application deadline: Screening of applications begins April 15th and the position is open until filled.