Organization: Teton Science School
Contact: Kendall Peacock
- Develop and implement thematic, place-based, hands-on field science curriculum and evening programs for multi-day, outdoor learning experiences. Programs may include evenings and overnights in hotels or tents.
- Incorporate program logistics, student interests, teacher requests, NGSS and state science standards and TSS educational framework into instruction.
- Plan and implement non-residential week-long day programming off of the Jackson Campus of TSS. Day program specific responsibilities include:
- Communication with parents & caregivers
- Documentation of student learning
- Participation in end of week celebrations
- Overseeing student engagement and behavior management during programming
- Participate in pre- and post-trip planning and debriefing meetings.
- Lead field groups of 7-13 people on hikes and canoe excursions in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in science, education or related field.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- At least one season of experience teaching hands-on, inquiry-based field science or environmental science, ideally in a residential, outdoor setting.
- Experience co-teaching and lesson planning within a teaching team.
- Experience working with students in grades 1-8th.
- Experience teaching science and natural history in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem and/or the willingness to commit to self-directed study in order to be prepared for instruction.
- Experience managing risk, traveling and teaching in the outdoors, in variable weather conditions.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion in teaching; willingness to be part of a small community.
- Successful applicants must pass a criminal history background check, driving record review and drug screening prior to start date.
- Valid Class C Driving License.
Start and end dates: May 7 – August 17.
- Salary of $100/day for 87 working days, with additional pay for evening work at $40/evening program.
- End of season completion bonus of $12/day, for every day worked, to be paid out at the end of the summer season.
- Pro Deals from brand name outdoor companies
- Limited employee housing available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Meals available while groups are on campus to staff who participate in the TSS Food Coop
- Proximity to Jackson, Wyoming and Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks
Link to more information: Learn more and apply.