Organization: American Geophysical Union (AGU)
Duties: Data entry and analysis of Talent Pool programs, including the Virtual Poster Showcase, student travel and research grants, and programs associated with AGU conferences. Tasks will include quality control of the data as well as database management. Ability to apply basic statistical analysis and present data to internal staff is also expected. The internship provides an opportunity to learn some of the behind-the-scenes processes of planning events at large scientific conferences, communicate to the membership via monthly newsletters, and gain knowledge about current science education, diversity, and career issues along with program management experience.
- Undergraduate student, a graduate student, or a recent graduate. Preferred majors include Earth or space sciences or an allied physical or natural science.
- Must be well-organized and skilled at prioritizing and managing multiple tasks and should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience, poise, and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with AGU staff, volunteers, and members is also required.
- Must be willing to relocate to Washington DC area for the internship at own expense.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Office, Excel), internet browsers, and web search engines. Experience using WordPress is a plus. Mastery in using Excel and knowledge of basic statistical methods is a plus. In-house training will be provided on using the AGU membership database and sending newsletters.
Start and end dates: 3 months – July 2 – September 28
Link to more information: Find out more about this position.
How to apply: For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume.