Organization: Sublette County Conservation District
Contact: For more information contact Michael Henn at 307-367-2257
- Knowledge and experience using current approved chemical and biological sampling techniques. Must be familiar with developing research in your field, evaluating results, and integrating findings into planning and decision-making.
- Ability to work with SCCD staff, agency personnel and private land managers. Excellent communication and relationship skills are mandatory.
- Minimum a Bachelor Degree related to Aquatic Ecology or Fisheries Habitat and two (2) years experience.
- Computer, software, and technological knowledge and skills expected of natural resource professionals.
- Gathers data, interprets, analyzes and makes recommendations to determine and improve water quality. Follows the plans and directives of the District to protect water quality, soils, livestock, wildlife, and range.
- Establishes sampling schedules and assimilates information needed to develop data, sample collection points, watershed monitoring locations, and implement projects. Correctly enters data into database and keeps information current.
- Coordinates with the federal, state, and county agencies and land owners as needed to perform sampling for monitoring District plans or project development/implementation.
- Performs sampling, maintains equipment including calibration and cleaning.
- Develops written reports, reviews proposals, organizes assignments, and prepares documents or presentation as directed.
- Creates and monitors a fiscal year budget for the program.
- Supervision of a seasonal employee to assist with sampling and data entry.
- Assist with other district programs as needed.
Salary/pay: $50,598 to $61,218 per year depending upon qualifications and experience.
Link to more information: View the full position description.
How to apply: Submit letter of interest, resume, and two (2) letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 647, Pinedale, WY 82941
Application deadline: May 29, 2018