The Content Lab, Lander, Wyoming
Description: The Content Lab LLC is seeking a researcher/writer for a new feature length documentary film now in development. The researcher/writer for this project will assist with our archival and historic material database, content research, and script, and may be assigned other duties. The subject of the documentary is the granting of women’s suffrage by the Wyoming Territorial Legislature in 1869—as well as subsequent Wyoming “firsts”—and its importance in the advancement of gender equality worldwide. We especially encourage applicants with a background/interest in women’s rights and history.
- Perform in-depth research in books, primary documents, and photo, document and film archives
- Prepare written outlines and summaries of findings; organize research materials in searchable formats in conjunction with story outlines and treatments for this project
- Assess acquisition methods and costs for use of researched materials identified by Producers as useful to the project
- Identify contemporary and acknowledged experts in the field, conduct pre-interviews
- Assist Producers drafting story treatments
Availability to work 10-20 hours per week June 15 – Sept. 10, 2018. There may be opportunities to work beyond this timeline on this project.
Commensurate with experience.
An opportunity to work flexible hours with a small creative team in a close-knit, supportive work environment, and to gain experience in all aspects of documentary production.
Successful Applicant Qualities:
- Willingness to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Strong technical and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Knowledge of Mac platforms and software
- Experience in documentary production and/or on a film set is preferred, but not required
About The Content Lab LLC:
The Content Lab’s primary mission is to take ideas for narrative media and make them real. We often begin with Wyoming stories, developing them into products significant to audiences far beyond the state’s borders. We shape these ideas to find the best story-telling medium, whether it be feature-length documentary film, short film, fiction and non-fiction scripts for sale or licensing, or print media. We produce our own projects, do work for hire, and consult on scripting, production planning, and fund-raising. Our objective is compelling, relevant and original productions. Based in Lander, Wyoming, our company is uniquely positioned to tell stories of the American West that have an impact across the nation and the world.
Remote. Residing near Lander, Wyoming, is a plus.
How to apply:
Send your CV, work availability, references, and a cover letter demonstrating your interest and relevant skills to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not call – we will review your application and schedule an interview if your resume fits the requirements of this position.