Job Title: Regional Organizer
Organization: Western Organization of Resource Councils
Location: Billings, MT
Duties: WORC’s regional organizers play a key role in the development and implementation of successful regional campaigns. Specific responsibilities include:
● Planning and implementing one or more regional campaigns in partnership with leaders and staff of WORC’s member groups.
● Providing strategic support to WORC’s member groups on their local and statewide campaigns.
● Conducting campaign-related research and policy analysis, and producing fact sheets, reports and other materials.
● Ensuring that communications, base-building and fundraising are an integral part of every campaign.
● Working with development staff to meet the organization’s fundraising goals.
● Participating as a member of the leadership and staff development training team, and facilitating training and planning sessions.
● Building the capacity of WORC’s member groups through the targeted delivery of consulting and training assistance.
● Highly motivated, proactive work style and excellent organizational skills.
● Personal commitment to the principles of community organizing, with at least three and preferably five years of experience in community organizing.
● Experience managing local, state, regional and/or national issue campaigns.
● Excellent writing, speaking and interpersonal communication skills, including policy analysis.
● Knowledge and experience building strong, membership-driven organizations.
● Ability to work effectively with teams, as well as in networks and coalitions.
● Skilled in group dynamics and group decision-making processes.
● Ability to travel and attend weekend and evening meetings.
● Knowledge of the West and its people is a plus.
Start/End dates: WORC will accept applications until the position is filled. The target date for work to begin is September 3, 2018.
Salary/pay: Salary range $40,000 to $50,000 to start, depending on experience and qualifications, with generous benefits including health and dental insurance, sabbatical, paid vacation and sick leave, flex time policy, and retirement plan with employer contribution.
How to Apply: To apply send a cover letter, resume, two writing samples and three references to Sara Kendall, Program Director, Western Organization of Resource Councils, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Western Organization of Resource Councils is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about WORC, visit our web site at http://www.worc.org.