Job Title: Communications Manager
Organization: Second Nature
Responsibilities: include administration and execution of Second Nature’s communications. These include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Manage and execute mass email communication with the Climate Leadership Network, including support in keeping contact lists current.
- Plan and coordinate content, design and distribution of the monthly Implementer Newsletter.
- Manage and maintain secondnature.org Content Management System.
- Manage social media messaging and accounts.
- Coordinate and deliver educational webinars.
- Ensure Second Nature branding and language is consistent across all communication platforms, resources, presentations, and materials.
- Help coordinate print communications as appropriate.
- Proofread and review staff materials (guides, white papers, etc) to ensure clearest communication.
- Lead design projects and hire and supervise Design and Communications intern.
- Co-manage the annual Climate Leadership Awards with Director of Programs, including coordination with partners, selection of finalists, selection of jury, and promotion.
- Support planning and development of annual Presidential Climate Leadership Summit, and lead communications onsite.
- Manage and execute press releases and media inquiries.
- Review and analyze challenges and successes, and leverage best practices to support communication and outreach activities.
- Contribute creative thinking on how to most effectively reach organizational goals, and actively participate in Second Nature staff meeting and activities.
- Support cross-functional projects as needed.
- We seek an energetic, organized, go-getter who enjoys interacting with people and team collaboration. An ideal candidate is passionate about supporting the sustainability efforts of higher education institutions including a focus on supporting minority serving institutions. Other qualifications include:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, journalism or related field, along with 3-5 years of experience in a PR or Communications role.
- Outstanding writing, editing and communication skills, and relentless attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to write engaging, SEO-focused copy across channels, including, websites, blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
- Must be proficient with website content management using WordPress and knowledge of email communication applications software (e.g. Campaign Monitor, Salesforce, Zapier), and webinar platforms i.e. GoTo Meeting
- Experience with HootSuite and other social media platforms
- Experience with Google Analytics a plus
- Strong interest in energy, climate change or sustainability issues
- Preferred knowledge of the Second Nature’s programs, greenhouse gas accounting, climate resilience and sustainability in higher education
- Preferred knowledge of WebMerge and Zapier
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups
- Experience developing communications plan that makes best use of limited resources to achieve goals
Position Classification: This is a full-time position (5 days, 40 hours), with pay and benefits commensurate with experience. This position requires working presence at Second Nature office in downtown Boston, with some telecommunicating and occasional travel.
Second Nature is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Minority candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
How to Apply: Upload resume and cover letter to the site. Questions can be submitted to email@example.com. Application Deadline, September 24, 2018.