Boise, ID, and Pocatello, ID
Job Title: Public Involvement/Conflict Resolution Associate and Coordinator Positions
Organization: The Langdon Group
Description: The Langdon Group is a conflict resolution and public involvement firm. Our current work centers on collaborative processes and strategic communications in public lands, transportation, water/wastewater, natural resources, environmental public policy, organizational development and infrastructure issues. We primarily work in the western United States. The range of clients we work with includes federal and state agencies, cities and local municipalities, Native American tribes, and private industry. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (a regional engineering firm), we support many planning and engineering projects. We are currently looking to fill two positions, Project Coordinator (Boise, ID) and Associate (Pocatello, ID).
Project Coordinator Position: The Project Coordinator position provides an excellent opportunity for an early-career practitioner with a passion for collaborative work to further develop these skills. This position requires a reliable individual to work within a team environment on a wide variety of strategic communication projects. The position requires an individual of high character who is responsible, self-motivated, hardworking, comfortable with ambiguity, innovative, and who has the initiative to work well on their own and in a team atmosphere. Main responsibilities include support project managers with their duties, draft detailed meeting minutes, write/edit/produce project materials, and successfully plan, coordinate, and implement public events. The ideal candidate will be able to facilitate successful project delivery by monitoring, providing strategic input and executing schedule and quality deliverables.
Associate Position: The Project Associate position provides an excellent opportunity for an early to mid-career practitioner with a passion for collaborative work to further develop these skills. They will have ample opportunity to work on a wide variety of complex and diverse projects. The position is highly dynamic and requires an individual that is comfortable with ambiguity, is innovative, and has the initiative to work well on their own and in a team atmosphere. Being a self-starter is critical. The ideal candidate will be able to play a substantive role on projects, facilitate meetings and groups, and assist in the development and management of projects. Occasional travel should be expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Involvement, Environment and Public Policy and/or Facilitation /Mediation or a related field is required.
- Education, training and/or work experience in a communication-related field; public involvement; environment and public policy; and/or facilitation/mediation.
- A strong background in the use of different types of media (includes database management and visual communications)
- Demonstrated interest in collaborative problem solving.
- Ability to look at a project as a whole and perform basic public involvement tasks with some oversight.
- Ability to innovate and bring new ideas to the project design process.
- Meeting facilitation and/or event planning experience.
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and administrative skills.
- Computer and related software skills (Microsoft Suite, etc.).
- Basic skills in design programs (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and familiarity with Access databases.
- Video production and social media experience a plus.
- All qualifications of a Project Coordinator.
- 3 years of experience in a related field and/or advanced degree.
- Ability to effectively market his or her own skills and abilities internally and externally.
- Ability to monitor and adhere to project schedules, scopes, budgets and process strategies.
- Supervision of a small group of team members on tasks assigned, and quality control.
- Business development support and proposal preparation experience is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including professional development and continuing education. Salary is determined by experience.
How to Apply: To apply for this challenging and rewarding position, please visit our website www.langdongroupinc.com or http://www.jub.com. Candidates will be required to submit a resume and writing samples. Please combine these documents into one pdf to upload on the application page.
The Langdon Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we participate in E-verify.