Job Title: Director of Policy Engagement
Type of opportunity: The Director develops and leads COMPASS’ strategy to connect scientists to policy dialogues. The Director oversees work to connect scientists to decision makers across scales in the United States (from local to federal); actively bridges the worlds of science and policy and prepares scientists to engage; contributes to organizational strategies and initiatives; helps raise funds to support COMPASS’ work; and supports an inclusive workplace culture of trust, excellence, risk-taking and collaboration.
- The Director leads the organization’s policy engagement efforts by developing strategies to connect scientists to policymakers across scales, from federal to local.
The Director is a member of the COMPASS Leadership Team and actively supports efforts to help COMPASS be a high- functioning team.
The Director contributes to organizational fundraising and outreach goals.
- An ability to think strategically across the organization and to recognize or create opportunities that align with the program or organizational goals.
- Experience managing program budgets, annual planning, and goal development.
- High-level connections within the U.S. federal and/or western regional policy realms and an ability to build and -grow new networks.
- Experience designing and executing high – level briefings, workshops, or meetings.
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering an inclusive working environment, as well as valuing and respecting efforts to broaden participation in science and policy.
- Strong strategic communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong grounding and experience in policy and science.
Salary/pay: Salary range is $100,000-$120,000 depending on qualifications and experience, with a generous benefits package.
Link to more information: See the official job posting here.
How to apply: Email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references as one single PDF to email@example.com.
Application deadline: This position will remain open until filled.