Job Title: ISEF Program Coordinator
Type of opportunity: The ISEF Program Coordinators work directly with students in grade levels K-12 to provide STEM education experiences which deepen classroom learning through hands-on inquiry. Approximately 90% of this Program Coordinator’s work will be with high school students who are pursuing original research projects in a wide range of scientific and engineering disciplines, in affiliation with the International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF).
- Knowledge of:
- Experience in a laboratory setting
- Experience with science education that is similar to ISEF project management/development (inquiry and engineering projects).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on complex data management and communication tasks using tools that include Microsoft Access and Google Apps
- Can appropriately respond to and direct students verbally and in writing
- Is able to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with students, as well as teachers and other adults: communicating, interacting and building relationships to develop a program that invites and supports all learners.
- Maintaining confidentiality in all phases of work, i.e., student records, meetings, conversations with students, staff, and families
- Has a working knowledge of laboratory management and safety
- Proficient in database management, word processing, spreadsheet use, and data analysis
- Ability to work well in diverse educational settings, indoors and outdoors
- Ability to:
- Organize time and work independently;
- Schedule events
- Communicate with students, teachers, administrators, and families
- Appropriately respond to and direct students; Establish and maintain harmonious relationships with all students and adults
Start and end dates: The start date is 9/28/2018 or as soon as possible.
Please complete the application here: https://wlwv.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1705