Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
Job Title: Public Involvement/Conflict Resolution Associate
Organization: The Langdon Group
Type of opportunity: The Langdon Group (TLG), http://www.langdongroupinc.com, is a strategic communications, conflict resolution and public involvement firm providing services in public lands, transportation, water/wastewater, natural resources, environmental public policy, organizational development and infrastructure issues. We primarily work in the western United States with offices in Utah and Idaho, and our range of clients includes federal and state agencies, cities and local municipalities, Native American tribes, and private industry. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc., we support many engineering-related services and projects. We are currently looking to fill one position in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
The TLG team is looking for a reliable, self-motivated, hardworking people-person, who is excited to contribute innovative ideas and work with diverse community groups. The position provides excellent opportunity for an early-to-mid career practitioner with a passion for communications and collaborative work to further develop these skills. This position requires both individual drive and ability to work in a team setting on a wide variety of strategic communication and collaboration projects. Main responsibilities include supporting project managers with their duties, such as drafting detailed meeting minutes, writing/editing/designing/producing project materials, and successfully planning, coordinating, and implementing public events. The ideal candidate will be able to facilitate successful project delivery by monitoring schedules, providing strategic input and developing quality deliverables. Occasional regional travel should be expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Environment and Public Policy and/or Facilitation /Mediation or a related field is required.
- Education, training and/or work experience in a communication-related field; public involvement; environment and public policy; and/or facilitation/mediation.
- A strong background in the use of different types of media (includes database management and visual communications).
- Demonstrated interest in collaborative problem-solving.
- Ability to look at a project as a whole and perform basic public involvement tasks with some oversight.
- Ability to innovate and bring new ideas to the project process.
- Meeting facilitation and/or event planning experience.
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and administrative skills.
- Computer and related software skills (Microsoft Suite, etc.).
- Basic skills in design programs (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and familiarity with Access databases.
- Video production and social media experience a plus.
Start and end dates: Full-time position
Salary/pay: We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including professional development and continuing education. Salary is determined by experience.
How to apply: To apply for this challenging and rewarding position, please visit our website http://www.langdongroupinc.com or http://www.jub.com. Candidates will be required to submit a resume and writing samples. Please combine these documents into one pdf to upload on the application page.