Job Title: Trails Manager
Organization: Sheridan Community Land Trust
Type of opportunity: Are you an experienced trail builder who’d like to be involved in developing and maintaining trail systems, not just in summer but year round, all in one location, with full benefits? Settle in a growing, lively community tucked up against the Big Horn Mountains in north-central Wyoming. Become a key member in two non-profit organizations as they expand and develop non-motorized recreation opportunities in the area.
- Summer: Construct new trails. Coordinate activities, acquire essential materials, provide oversite and lead on workforce.
- Summer: Maintain infrastructure. Responsible for control measures on erosion, vegetation, and hazards for all trails, water trails and portages (brushing, mowing, weed management, upkeep of native and man-made features).
- Summer: Oversee seasonal Trails Technician and volunteer projects- coordinate projects, stage materials, provide oversight.
- Winter: Groom and maintain downhill runs, terrain features, and cross-country trails at a recreation resort on the mountain.
- Winter: Maintain the equipment’s maintenance schedule.
- Overall: Help monitor conditions, inventory maintenance needs, and assist in budgeting/project planning for upcoming year.
- Overall: Act as an ambassador raising awareness and additional support. Educate public of programs and encourage responsible facility use.
- Overall: Perform other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Experience using mini excavator to build new, non-motorized trails.
- Experience in trail design and layout.
- Experience with other trail tools and equipment for finish work and maintenance purposes.
- Experience with snow groomer and snowmobile
- Specific Knowledge of mountain biking, hiking, trail running, and snow sports is a plus.
- Ability to perform work independently/unsupervised following written and oral direction involving multiple task assignments.
- Ability to work effectively with others; to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Possess a vehicle capable of hauling materials/equipment/small utility trailer.
Start and end dates: Full-time
- DOE. Hourly, plus standard IRS mileage compensation for personal vehicle use during working hours. Insurance and other benefit(s)
- Paid vacation/holidays, health insurance stipend, IRA contribution, phone stipend.
How to apply: Email a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Please use subject line: “Trail Builder Application”. Applications are only accepted electronically.
Application deadline: September 30, 2019