Job Title: Community Volunteer Ambassador
Organization: National Park Service
Type of opportunity: The program is seeking to fill 60 paid internships at National Park sites throughout the country. They’re specifically seeking degree-holders with relevant educational backgrounds for a variety of park sites (Recreational areas, wildlife preserves, cultural sites, historical sites, etc). The internship program places degree holders at National Park sites for a year where they will work with scientist, historians, and artists to train volunteers, promote park events, and assist the park’s interpretation team.
- U.S. Citizen
- Possess an Associates Degree or higher
- Be Between 21-30
- Be able to complete the full 50 week 2/2020 – 1/2021
Start and end dates: Since this is a full-time, 50-week paraprofessional opportunity –
- $22,000 for the term (Paid out at $440 per week)
- Premium-free health insurance through Cigna
- A childcare benefit
- Federally-sponsored training (travel expenses covered)
- An education award of $6,095 (for tuition or student loan repayment).
- Housing or Housing Search Assistance
- Federal Job Search and Application assistance + non-competitive hire certificate
Link to more information: https://www.cvainternships.org
How to apply: Fill out the form here.
Application deadline: The application opens in October and the position starts in February. We have an Early Interest Sign-up form on our website. https://www.cvainternships.org/.