Job Title: DEVELOP Program
Type of opportunity: DEVELOP addresses environmental and public policy issues through interdisciplinary research projects that apply the lens of NASA Earth observations to community concerns around the globe. Bridging the gap between NASA Earth science and society, DEVELOP builds capacity in both participants and partner organizations to better prepare them to address the challenges that face our society and future generations.
Teams of DEVELOP participants partner with decision makers to conduct rapid feasibility projects that highlight relevant applications of Earth observing missions, cultivate advanced skills, and increase understanding of NASA Earth science data and technology.
Desired qualifications: Individuals interested in furthering their experience in the Earth sciences and remote sensing, including currently enrolled students, recent graduates, early career professionals, and transitioning career professionals.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Strong interest in Earth science and remote sensing
- At least 18 years of age by the start of the term for which you are applying
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale at current school (or last school for those not presently enrolled)
- Ability to provide personal transportation to and from the DEVELOP location
- U.S. citizenship is required to apply to some DEVELOP locations (refer to the Apply Page on the website for locations able to accept non-U.S. citizens)
Start and end dates: The term will take place January 27 – April 3
How to apply: Anyone 18 and over, who is interested in pursuing experience in the Earth sciences and remote sensing, is welcome to apply. This includes currently enrolled students, recent college graduates, early and transitioning career professionals, and current and former U.S. Military service members. Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale at their current or last institution of higher learning and transportation to and from the DEVELOP location. Apply here.
Application deadline: Friday, October 11th