Job Title: Adventure Camp Staff
Location: Dubois, WY
Duties: Supervise a group of 7-8 students (2 staff per group), for 24 hours a
day, on 10 to 26 day courses; facilitate a safe and successful experience during the adventure based portions of the course, [which may include activities such as backpacking, rock climbing or belaying, whitewater rafting, caving, mountain biking, horseback riding, high and low ropes course activities, canoeing, fishing, snorkeling, sea kayaking, funyaking, archery, hatchet throwing, tubing, boating, llama trekking, riflery, primitive skills, paintball]; facilitate the development of life skills, organizational skills, self-esteem, problem-solving strategies, communication techniques, and social skills; assist in developing personal goals for each student; write a comprehensive student evaluation at the end of each course; and act as a role model for students by demonstrating maturity, responsibility, good organizational skills, and professional behavior; other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 19 years of age (21 and older preferred)
- 2 years of college experience, in human service related field preferred (e.g., Education, Psychology, Recreation)
- Current first aid and CPR certifications (minimum WFA; Lifeguardrequired for FL and CA staff)
- Experience and/or desire to work with LD and AD/HD youth
- Patience, energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, maturity, and integrity required
- Experience in and/or desire to learn outdoor adventure activities; strong organizational and time management skills preferred.
Start/End dates: May 16th, 2020
Salary/pay: 2500-3200 for contract
How to apply & application deadline: An application can be submitted at http://www.soarnc.org/employment-opportunities. The position is open until filled.